Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Music

I have been converted to the realms of Opera Fans. I am enrolled in an honor's course in Opera this semester, and it really has made me like opera a lot more. I am currently doing a project on Puccini and some or his operas. Which brings me to my first point.

I LOVE NESSUM DORMA. It is a b-e-a-utiful aria in Turandot. The words are lame, it's a guy singing about how the woman he loves won't be able to guess his name. If she can't she has to marry him. Anyway, it is gorgeous. Even if you don't love opera, it is still very nice to listen to. Try and listen to it if you get a chance. If you ask me about it in person, I am very likely to force you to listen to several versions of it. Ok, there's my rant about that.

My second point.

This really does not have anything to with opera, or music, but it is time I mentioned it. I have realized that when you add the letter "O" to the beginning of a noun, it makes the noun seem holy and mysterious. For example:

O Fortune

O God

O Magnum Mysterium

Try it with any noun. It make you want to be reverant to whatever noun it is. (It's also good if you add an exclamation mark to the end.)

O Bookcase! O Winter Wind! See what I mean?

Peace.

O Liz

No comments: