Friday, September 28, 2007

Christmas, smells, and things


Well, not much is going on today. I am leaving for Jamestown in a little while, for the weekend. I get to dig up potatoes, and I'm quite excited about that, really. I keep listening to Christmas music online-it's getting me all excited for Christmas about four months in advance. I think my excitement will peak about mid-November, and then when Christmas comes, I won't be so excited anymore. I hope that doesn't happen. I keep thinking about Christmas and how it smells. It smells like pine trees (of course) and pepperkakar (which is spelled so wrong) and snow and smoke and korv. Pretty Swedish, right? And now my room here smells like Febreeze, wheat thins, lotion and hospital room. Not quite the same. But it smells lovely outside when it's raining-like dirt and trees and wet things. This post is really random, but I guess that's the kind of day I am having.

No comments: