Sunday, September 30, 2007

I-ay am-ay appy-hay



This weekend I went home. On Saturday I dug potatoes, trimmed a hedge, raked, and watched King Kong. The old school version. On Sunday we went to the Busti Apple Festival and I got some apples and a Cactus. Her name is Cynthia Sophia. That is basically the extent of my weekend, but the point is, even though I had a really great time at home, it wasn't so hard to come back to Alfred. Heck, if I had the choice, I would rather be home, hands down. But it didn't seem like the end of the world this time, coming back to school. I guess that's a good thing. Maybe that means that school isn't hard enough, that I'm not realizing what a change college is from the rest of my life. Maybe not. Anyway, I guess it's still a good thing that I'm so darn happy, at here, or at home. Being happy is a good thing, right?

1 comment:

Cuzfest 2007 said...

The tricky thing is that as time goes on home becomes less of home in a weird way.Not the way that your family or your house isn't your home but more of it is one of your homes. Its like when kids are little and they get a new toy. Even when someone gives you a new toy you still love that old toy that you've always had. The new toy eventually grows on you too and now you love them both but in different ways. I will be signing a copy of my new book: Philosophy By A Moron next week at a chain bookstore near you.