Friday, October 5, 2007

Why I love Buses

I've been to the Hornell Wegman's twice, taking the bus both times. I love Wegman's like it's going out of style, but the bus rides were also awesome. Here's why.
The first time I went, after I had finished shopping and was on the way home, it was like reversed Rosa Parks. I was the only white girl on the bus, and I was sitting in the back. I group of about 7 black students were in the front, basically shouting and laughing the entire time. I felt very progressive at the moment and silently cheered for civil rights. :)
The second time (earlier today), when I first got on the bus, it was packed. I mean, no seats at all. (Well, there were two fairly obese people on the bus, and they each got two seats, but I didn't really care.) I had to stand for a 20 minute bus ride. I got pretty good and digging in with my heels whenever we took a right turn. I kept waiting for people to applaude me, saying "what a trooper you are!" and when they didn't I was slightly disappointed. Oh well. I was proud of myself anyway for not falling on someone.
On the way back, it was me in the back, again, but this time with a group of Asian girls in the front. They were sharing food they got, and there were several bags of chocolate things being passed around. Here were these girls, eating fatty and sugary food, and they weigh about 90 pounds each. And there's me: I bought wheat thins and some juice with 150% of my daily intake of Vitamin C and Manganese (what is Manganese good for, anyway?) and I have a hip size of 38 inches!
Anyway, that was my adventure for the day. I'm going to go try that juice now. Apparently it has algae in it too. Is that healthy? Maybe I should stick to chocolate covered pretzels.......


And that is why I love the Bus.

1 comment:

Anna Wager said...

Yum, manganese.

Don't miss the bus, gus!

I MISS WEGMANS.

Bye!